Individuals working as habilitation or respite providers, work one-on-one with special needs children in the child’s home and community.
They provide teaching and direct care services to help each child reach their full potential, and as a support to the family.
Habilitation is a service that teaches a child communication, cognitive, motor, social and adaptive skills. Respite provides the child’s caregiver relief through the child’s short-term care and supervision.
Eligibility Requirements for Employment
Habilitation and Respite Providers must meet these minimum requirements to be eligible for employment with S.E.E.K. Arizona.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Valid Photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport or Military Id) and Social Security Card Current
- CPR and First Aid Certification 3 references on S.E.E.K. Arizona’s reference request form
- First Class Fingerprint Clearance –This clearance requires that fingerprints be submitted to DPS for a criminal records check.
- Employees must have their own reliable transportation.
- If transportation is provided with services, employees must: possess and provide documentation of:
- — current driver’s license
- — vehicle registration
- — vehicle insurance (meeting the State’s required policy limits, $100,000/$300,000 limits for Liability)
- — motor vehicle driving record
- Experience with children (either care taking or teaching.)
- Time commitment of at least 6 months.
- Participation in Article 9 Training for Managing Inappropriate Behaviors, provided by S.E.E.K. Arizona.
- Participation in S.E.E.K. Arizona’s Provider Orientation and Habilitation training.
Individuals interested in applying for the positions of Habilitation or Respite Providers should fill out our online application, download an application, complete it and mail or fax it to:
1848 N 52nd Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85008
480-902-0771 | Fax: 480-967-0804 | Email: Jobs@SEEKArizona.org
Adobe Acrobat download here.